Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Easy Oatmeal Spice Mix


I have oatmeal for my very early mornings (like 4am) and found myself pouring from about 5 different containers to flavor it, which was time consuming (and I really want that extra 5 minutes of sleep)! Then I decided to combine all of the following into a sigle spice bottle to cut down on time and save money:

3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon

1 Tablespoon ground nutmeg

1 Tablespoon ground ginger

1 teaspoon ground cloves

5 Large splenda packets (1 box) (drink mix for pitcher)


The spices can be purchased in a bulk spice section; the drink mix cup equivalent large Splenda packets are the cheapest way to get sucralose in the regular grocery store. I just sprinkle this right on my oatmeal concoctions and eat! Easy as pie, but a lot healthier ;-)



I Gotta Leave 5 Minutes Ago But Gotta Eat Healthy Oatmeal

3 Tablespoons old fashioned oats (30g)

1 cup unsweetened frozen raspberries (240mL)

1 cup high-protein milk (240mL)

1/2 oz of walnuts (15g)

a hearty sprinkling of splenda spice mixture

Nutrition: 333 Calories, 22 protein, 37 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 12 g fat, 350 mg calcium, 4 mg iron, 84mg vitcamin C

This mixture is also tasty on sweet potatoes and canned pumpkin. Mmmmmm...

No comments: