2 cloves pressed garlic
3 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
2 lbs chicken thighs, skinned, cut into bite-size pieces
¼ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoons honey
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 lime wedges
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; stir in 2 tablespoons juice.
2. Stir spices into chopped chicken.
3. Heat large skillet on medium heat; spray with cooking spray
4. Place chicken in the skillet and cook until well browned on all sides; do not burn!
5. Combine 1 tablespoon juice, chicken broth, and vinegar; pour over the chicken.
6. Continue to cook until no longer soupy .
7. Remove chicken from heat and stir in cilantro; serve with lime wedges.
8. Add to tortilla for fajitas, if desired
*Assume chicken is measured raw; 8 total servings
Jean offers nutrition coaching for weight loss, muscle gain, or any of your personal goals at her office in the Alico building in downtown Waco, TX right in the heart of central Texas. She also offers personal training services at Ironhorse gym on the corner of Franklin and 17th, which is also very convenient to downtown Waco. Contact information can be found on her personal website.