I've been working with the women's basketbell team since July and, to my horror, many college athletes do not eat anything for hours after their workouts! Needless to say, the players are not going to compulsively mix things after frequent workouts and tote a cooler all day. I suspect that many recreational exercisers are the same!
It is generally accepted that a carb to protein ratio of 3:1 to 4:1 is preferred after a workout. Also, high glycemic carbs (the cereal and marshmallows both fit into this category) are recommended to promote an anabolic insulin spike after a workout! Considering all of this, a rice crispie treat with a little protein boost can be the perfect portable post-workout snack!
3 Tbsp Butter
6 oz minimarshmallows (1/2 12oz bag)
3 Scoops Vanilla or Cookies 'N Cream Whey
3 Cups Rice Crispies
1. Lightly grease a small square baking pan
2. Combine whey and cereal in a bowl
3. Melt butter over medium heat
4. Mix in marshmallows, stirring constantly until all melted
5. Remove from heat and quickly mix in cereal and protein
6. Press in to pan with damp fingers
7. Cool 15 minutes; cut and enjoy!
Nutrition: 190 Calories, 10 g protein, 27 g carbs, 5 g fat
My Personal Website